Nature-based carbon assets are environmental certificates link to projects which protect, transform or restore land or restore coastal and marine ecosystems.
The sale of these certificates’ funds action on natural ecosystems. They also have further benefits such as offering alternative sources of income to local communities, improving soil productivity, cleaning air and water, and maintaining biodiversity.
Among VCS AFOLU project types we target:
• Afforestation, Reforestation and Revegetation (ARR)
• Agricultural Land Management (ALM)
• Improved Forest Management (IFM)
• Reduced Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD)
• Avoided Conversion of Grasslands and Shrublands (ACoGS)
• Wetlands Restoration and Conservation (WRC)